GAME ON – OLG needs you
We’ve said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering great gaming experiences through our digital, retail lottery, and land-based casino channels. In our fiscal 2019-20 year alone, OLG delivered over $2.3 billion in net profit to the Province of Ontario. OLG is now expanding our horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a world class gaming entertainment leader with a globally admired digital platform.
We are ready to take this game to the next level and need a keen Senior Internal Controls Manager to develop, maintain and deliver OLG’s integrated Internal Control Framework (ICF) which supports compliance with Government directives and risk mitigation in achieving OLG’s strategic objectives.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Director Internal Control Framework Policy & Process, you will be empowered to:
- Manage, maintain and evolve the overall integrated Internal Control Framework for the organization.
- Acting as an extension of management, plan, lead and report on process, risk and control assessments. Assessments include conducting operating effectiveness testing of key controls and evaluating the results.
- Supporting management to develop strategies and action plans to remediate findings and issues.
- Partnering with Senior Finance Internal Controls & Policy Manager to leverage the Internal Controls over Financial Reporting process and Agency attestation process to support the ICF.
- Assist Director with preparing and coordinating ICF reporting to the senior leadership oversight committees.
- Collaborate with Enterprise and Operational Risk Management, Corporate Compliance and Internal Audit to integrate ICF with the risk, compliance and audit frameworks.
- Collaborate with Risk Management, Corporate Compliance and Internal Audit to leverage GRC software for ICF activities, reporting and tracking.
- Maintain an external perspective on industry trends and become an expert over internal controls and best practices.
- Develop strong relationships with and become a trusted, strategic advisor and collaborator to OLG process owners as well as internal/external auditors.
- Provide a lens across all functions of the business to guide sound decision making and internal control strategy recommendations.
- Maintain the ICF dashboard to track and communicate KPIs.
- Lead awareness creation initiatives and provide training on internal controls among process owners to ensure adherence to the ICF and understanding of accountabilities.
- Support strategic assignments, ad-hoc programs and projects as required.
- Take initiative willingly in identifying and driving forward opportunities.
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Work Experience: 5-7 years of progressive experience in the finance/audit domain; 5-7 years of experience in internal controls and frameworks; 3+ years of experience in audit, risk and compliance
Education: University degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related disciplines; Professional Accounting designation CPA or similar professional designation is expected
Knowledge: Strong understanding of COSO 2013, internal controls and governance frameworks, experience with internal controls over financial reporting or compliance-based testing is an asset, understanding of OLG’s business model and the lottery and gaming industry is an asset
Critical Skills: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to communicate well, both verbally and written with solid presentation skills; meticulous attention to detail and collaborate well with others; excellent relationship management skills
Collaboration & Fun: inclusive and collaborative work style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and Trust: do what’s right and operate with transparency and openness
PERKS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
Part of a Bigger Picture: socially responsible company that gives back all its profits to the province and people of Ontario
Flexible Work Environment: to help balance both work and life
You Matter: family friendly work practices and remote work
Freedom to Innovate: supports new and better ways to be successful
Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
Learning Galore: 24-7 access to robust online learning programs
Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a major defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Government of Ontario
Variable Pay Program: performance-based incentives to share in our success
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s purpose is to contribute to a better Ontario by delivering great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion-dollar organization with a wide array of business lines including, lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horseracing, and charitable gaming. OLG is amidst a massive transformation focusing on being customer obsessed and bringing our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be grounded in true, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity, and openness in all that we do. We are supporting and empowering employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family friendly work practices including remote work.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone to our values of respect, integrity, stewardship, and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills to benefit the people and the Province of Ontario.
While we are re-shaping and growing our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose, and ensuring our business delivers meaningful benefits for the people of Ontario. OLG’s net profits are reinvested back into the province, contributing to the quality of life for Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG go to our website at www.olg.ca.
We look forward to hearing from you, interested applicants please apply online by April 12, 2022.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at [email protected] if you require accommodation at any time throughout the hire process.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.