New York, New York
As a Barclays Prime Finance Business Manager- Assistant Vice President, you will be playing a critical role where you will define and execution of the Global Business Strategy, Ownership of the Operational Risk Framework, Drive Human Capital planning and execution, Partner with CFO & Business heads to drive Financial and Capital /Liquidity plan, Partner with Global Business Leads Infrastructure Partners, Product Development Leads CCO and RTB to maintain operational stability of the Global Platform.
Salary / Rate Minimum: $ 115,000
Salary / Rate Maximum: $ 140,000
The minimum and maximum salary/rate information above include only base salary or base hourly rate. It does not include any another type of compensation or benefits that may be available.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We’ve helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Overseeing the submission of regulatory documents, implementation of legislative initiatives, and partnership with Chief Controls Office and Regulatory Relations teams
• Driving, influencing, owning and implementing Target Operating Model, business development, and financial and non-financial resource allocation, providing strategic insight to the Business
• Being responsible for providing tactical and strategic analysis to influence and inform short and long-term business decision-making
• Partnering with Business Head, Product Management & IT to support the management of technology platforms in regards to change projects as well as BAU activities
• Managing all non-staff direct spend budgets, policies, and cost recoveries
• Proactively identifying resource optimisation opportunities
• Creating all business material for Business/Function head spanning multiple topics with both internal and external stakeholders i.e. Board, Group ExCo, Regulators, Industry Groups
What we’re looking for:
• A minimum of two years of experience working in an Investment Bank
• Understanding and prior experience in macro scale program management
• Experience in Relevant Equities and Operational Risk
• Business Knowledge of Prime Financing and Derivative Services/Clearing (F&O, OTC, FX PB)
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience with Regulations, Futures, Options, Clearing, and Execution
• Prior experience with OTC Clearing and Equity Finance Trading
• Experience with Prime Brokerage
• Understanding in Financial Resource (balance sheet, capital, liquidity)
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.