- Join a university that’s transforming tomorrow, today
- Full time, continuing (permanent) opportunity
- Flexible, inclusive work environment with generous remuneration and benefits
Southern Cross University is a young, dynamic and rising institution of excellence committed to transforming tomorrow. Our game changing new education model brings a deeper learning experience, improving individual student outcomes and quality of life.
Working at Southern Cross University combines a rare combination of being surrounded by ambitious students, amazing and dedicated colleagues and an environment of stunning natural beauty. We are leaders in our communities in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, Coffs Harbour and the Gold Coast and pride ourselves on helping shape a better tomorrow.
About the opportunity
Southern Cross University is seeking a Finance Business Partner to support the University’s objectives and strategic directions by providing financial analysis and advice on all aspects of financial performance and management.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Provide expert financial advice that operationalises strategic objectives for Executive Deans, Heads of Work Units and/or budget owners.
- Manage the financial planning cycles for the respective work units to optimise the financial outcomes for their clients, and the University as a whole.
- Build and develop robust projections, for both Budget and Forecast, utilising a deep technical knowledge of the clients strategic goals.
You will have a collegial approach and be committed to providing exceptional client service. Your strong interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills will be utilised to build effective relationships with your internal clients. More specifically, you will have:
- A relevant degree and current membership or eligibility for membership with CPA Australia or CAANZ, and a minimum of three years relevant accounting experience, or experience equivalent to same.
- Demonstrated ability to provide financial advice and insights on financial performance to Executives and senior management.
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning, reporting and analysis using a range of financial systems, including enterprise resource planning and business intelligence systems.
The University’s values are integrity and collegiality. Alignment with these values, along with the ability to actively contribute to the success of a team, are inherent requirements of the role.
Salary and benefits
Our staff benefit from flexible work arrangements, including hybrid work models, generous parental and carer’s leave provisions, wellbeing initiatives, employee assistance programs and professional learning opportunities. This position is:
- Full-time, continuing
- Located at either Gold Coast or Lismore. Generous relocation support available
- HEW Level 7. The base salary ranges from $96,088 – $104,376 per annum, plus 17% employers contribution to superannuation. The total remuneration package is up to $122,119.
Find out more about working at SCU by visiting Why Work at SCU.
Applicants must apply online and provide responses to the selection criteria in the position description by the closing date. Information to support you prepare your application is available on our website. If you experience difficulties applying online or need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
Job applicants must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident or currently hold a visa with ongoing work rights in Australia. Employer visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Additional information is available in the position description or by contacting:
For more information about the role, please contact:
Name: Mr Marcel de Bruin, Manager, Finance Business Partners
Phone: 0415 534 764
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 9:00 am AEST, Friday, 17 June 2022
Southern Cross University is committed to diversity and social inclusion and aims to ensure equality in the recruitment of our staff. Applications are supported and encouraged from those that bring diversity to the University.
Together, we are Transforming Tomorrow.