As a Barclays Assistant Vice President Business Development, you will be part of the US International Corporates and you will be supporting the Head of Business Management Americas. This role will be critical to building Corporate Banking capabilities and growing US ICB franchise. You’ll focus on strategy, high profile projects/activity, management information, and governance environment. International Corporate Banking (“ICB”) has diverse globally connected relationship managers based primarily based in UK, Europe, US, Asia, and Middle East.
Salary / Rate Minimum: $115,000
Salary / Rate Maximum: $160,000
The minimum and maximum salary/rate information above include only base salary or base hourly rate. It does not include any another type of compensation or benefits that may be available.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We’ve helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
Colleagues who perform ‘onsite’ roles will spend four or five days a week working onsite, depending on the requirements of their role and business area. Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Assisting with cross sell coordination such as client planning, client and product insights, trends, and associated client collateral
• Helping with the development of frameworks to drive prioritization of client opportunities, CRM capture, tracking and reporting
• Driving business effectiveness through cross-corridor and sector engagement
• Supporting Heads of ICB Americas and ICB Americas Business Management to develop business strategy and execution priorities
• Processing on-going business management tasks, including day to day operations and creation of business strategy collateral as directed
• Working with Business Managers and Head of ICB Business Management on range of leadership forums, including ManFo, MBR and townhalls
• Conducting/structuring rigorous, transparent analysis, including building financial/ analytical models that enable thoughtful analysis and decision making
• Managing/providing consultation on complex and critical projects
What we’re looking for:
• Prior relevant experience in Corporate and Investment Banking, Management Consulting, or Business Management
• Knowledge of financial services industry (including history, trends, and future development) and understanding of Corporate Banking
• Flexibility and adaptability to meet business demands, and managing time sensitive deliverables and multiple tasks
• Willingness to learn and challenge, drive and embrace business change
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of complex Corporate Banking product suite including Debt, Trade and Working Capital, Cash and transactional products and FX
• Ability to ‘think outside the box’ to develop solutions and new ways of working; ability to define and execute business strategy
• Understanding of product and business income components, risk, capital allocation and returns
• Networking and relationship building across the Corporate Bank, Investment Bank and Cards and Payments
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 32-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.